Upgrade macports after a Lion upgrade

Christopher Stone listmeister at thestoneforge.com
Sun Jul 24 22:50:17 PDT 2011

On Jul 24, 2011, at 16:33, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> This procedure is described on the migration page...https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

Something got hosed for me as well after upgrading to Lion and then MacPorts 2.0.

I cleaned installed.
I ran a selfupdate.
I ran upgrade outdated.

The process failed miserably and bollixed up my existing ports.

I cursed for a while, and the next day I tried researching my problem with no real joy.

So I moved on to the migration procedure and wiped everything.  After reinstallation everything seems to be working fine.

Not fun, but par for the course for a major system upgrade.  <shrug>

--
Best Regards,
Chris