Uninstalling MacPorts under Lion

Christian Roessner christian at roessner-net.com
Tue Jul 26 01:09:16 PDT 2011

Hi,

I hope this is not a too often repeated question, but I guess no ;-)

I have no need for MacPorts anymore at the moment and so I tried to uninstall it from my MacBook Pro doing the following steps:

port uninstall -f all

sudo rm -rf \
    /opt/local \
    /Applications/DarwinPorts \
    /Applications/MacPorts \
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.* \
    /Library/Receipts/DarwinPorts*.pkg \
    /Library/Receipts/MacPorts*.pkg \
    /Library/StartupItems/DarwinPortsStartup \
    /Library/Tcl/darwinports1.0 \
    /Library/Tcl/macports1.0 \
    ~/.macports

So far so good, but in Launcher I still see MacPorts (others) folder with "Build Applet" in it and it seems I can not remove that as normal user. Could somebody point me please to the configuration location/file/plist whatever to remove that artifact?

Thanks in advance

Christian