Uninstalling MacPorts under Lion

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jul 26 01:36:49 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-26 10:29 , James F. Marshall wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2011, at 1:25 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> Does /Applications/MacPorts still exist?
>
> No.  I just checked.

Hm, until now I thought Launchpad would just resemble the items from
/Applications.

While there are many instructions on the net how to remove an empty
folder from Launchpad, I didn't find anything about no longer existing
items.

Have tried restarting the Dock? Type "killall Dock" in Terminal.

TUAW has something about resetting the Lauchpad completely, but I am
pretty sure this will also destroy any custom order and groups of the
icons. So be careful and only use it if no other solution exists.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/07/21/how-to-refresh-os-x-lions-launchpad-contents/

Rainer

PS: Please use Reply All,
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MailingLists#intro.reply