Bug in LilyPond

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 26 15:28:16 PDT 2011

It's the new privilege-dropping mode that's enabled by default in MacPorts 2.0.0. I'll bet you started building LilyPond with MacPorts 1.9.2 (state file would be owned by root), interrupted the build somehow, then upgraded to MacPorts 2.0.0, then tried to resume the build (macports users does not have permission to deal with the state file owned by root). Cleaning is the solution, as you found.