Macports, 2.0 tiger and mesa

Larry Moore ljmoore.1948 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:28:08 PDT 2011

On 25/7/11 1:57 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Tiger/ppc has had issues with mesa for quite some time.  I don't test on that architecture, so any help you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> I'm not sure why it's building gallium.  It should be disabled on Tiger/ppc by this:
>
> platform darwin 8 {
>     post-patch {
>         # http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24345
>         # http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24393
>         # http://trac.macports.org/ticket/29860
>         if {${build_arch} == "ppc"} {
>             reinplace "/SRC_DIRS/ s/gallium//" ${worksrcpath}/configs/darwin
>         }

I ran another cycle of selfupdates etc and apparently not still.
If I edit to define the Endian thing then I discover that ppc is not a
supported platform by gallium.
Why is that post-patch disabling gallium not doing the magic?

Many of the ports I want depend upon mesa, it would be convenient to
have this resolved.
Suggestions?