Trouble updating qt3

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Thu Jul 28 13:23:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 03:07:00PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> That sounds like qt3 is not properly observing the destroot. I'm guessing it should be running ranlib on the copy in the destroot, not an existing copy already in prefix.

No, it appears to be intentional. It's doing a ranlib on the existing
copy *before* the build, apparently because that copy somehow
interferes with the build.

I can't speak to what problem that solves, why it solves it, or whether
it's still necessary to do so. If the presence of an existing version
of the library affects the build, it's likely a sign that there's
something wrong about the build process. However, I'm not too inclined
to look into it myself.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/