graph of port dependencies?

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Thu Jul 28 14:52:14 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2011, at 12:17, Andrew Long wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a program that will draw a graph of dependencies between ports? Forex, if I select a library that I want to uninstall, I want a graph of all 'top-level' ports that depend on it, so I can make an early decision about keeping it or not, rather than just trying to uninstall it and finding out that it is a dependency for a port that I wnt to keep?
>
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/contrib/port-depgraph/port-depgraph

I wrote this one before I knew about the port-depgraph one...

https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/eborisch/macports_utils/depTree.py

This one can also put multiple starting-point ports onto one plot..

depTree.py port [ports] [maxdepth (0 = inf)]

Automatically creates a .png and opens it...

 -Eric
--
Eric A. Borisch