"an invalid entry was passed" error with MacPorts 2.0

Dave Marquard dave at marquard.org
Thu Jul 28 19:01:02 PDT 2011

I recently upgraded to MacPorts 2.0 on Lion, and it appears that my registry may be corrupt. Specifically, I'm getting an "invalid entry passed" error message when trying to upgrade several (but not all) of my installed ports.

Specifically, the error I'm seeing is:

[38] dmarquard at dmarquard% sudo port -v upgrade libiconv
--->  Cleaning libiconv
--->  Removing work directory for libiconv
--->  Unable to uninstall libiconv @1.13.1_0, the following ports depend on it:
Error: Target org.macports.uninstall returned: an invalid entry was passed
Warning: the following items did not execute (for libiconv): org.macports.uninstall
Log for libiconv is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_libiconv_1.13.1_0/libiconv/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for libiconv @1.13.1_0
--->  Unable to uninstall libiconv @1.13.1_0, the following ports depend on it:
Error: Uninstall libiconv 1.13.1_0 failed: an invalid entry was passed
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume I can manually twiddle something in my registry database to fix it, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for…

Dave

--
Dave Marquard
dave at marquard.org