Sharing port archives

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Jul 29 06:32:23 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 05:40, Matthias Pigulla <mp at webfactory.de> wrote:

> does https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/ShareArchives still apply after https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19458 has been closed?

Looking at the history for the Wiki page, I think you've figured out
your answer.

> How can compiled ports be shared between machines (e. g. by placing them on a network share) in MacPorts 2.0.0?

I'm not sure about a network share (do you mean something like a NAS
device? or just from another machine?), but I did get archive sharing
to work by publishing the software directory with lighttpd. I also put
together a shell script, based on the one Josh pointed me to, that
signs every archive.

Unless someone gets to it first, I'll put up a HowTo on this tonight
or tomorrow. It's fairly simple.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448