Python frameworks

mark brethen mbrethen at aim.com
Fri Jul 29 21:00:42 PDT 2011

I'm confused how the python frameworks work. For instance, I should be able to type 'pylint script.py' in a command window, but the command isn't found. So I looked in /opt/local/bin and found 'pylint-2.7' which is a symbolic link to '/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/pylint'. Spyder displays "Please install pylint" in the PyLint Panel, which I suspect is because it can't find pylint. How do you set your environment so that programs like Spyder find python binaries?

-Mark