How to make the link pdf2txt.py-2.7 without '-2.7'?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:22:41 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2011, at 12:41, Peng Yu wrote:
>
>> I installed the following package. But the link has the extra version
>> number. Is there a way to remove it from port?
>
> Yes, but we're not going to do that. There is also the port py26-pdfminer, and it installs the binary pdf2txt.py-2.6. They can't both install pdf2txt.py or they would conflict with one another. Just use the binary with its suffixed name. Or use it with its original name from the long framework path. If this is just about the inconvenience of typing the command in the terminal, you can set up a shell alias to make it more convenient.

Sorry, that I didn't state my question clearly. I remember there is a
command (using port) to select whether to use py26 or py27 even both
are installed (I forget the command name). Is there something similar
for pdf2txt.py-2.7 so that I can select which version of pdf2txt.py is
going to be used without having to specify the suffix?

--
Regards,
Peng