Tsung dependencies

Andrew Baxter abaxter at sievenetworks.com
Wed Jun 8 11:29:35 PDT 2011

Firstly, it looks like the erlang version that gets installed for tsung is too new for tsung to handle. The only problem that seemed to manifest for me was the SNMP monitor crashing.  I got the same errors as discussed in this thread:
	http://lists.process-one.net/pipermail/tsung-users/2010-October/001560.html
Installing the git version of tsung seemed to work for me.

Also, I think p5-html-template is a requirement for tsung_stats.pl.  I'm not sure, since I installed that and tsung_stats.pl is still breaking with:
	"Can't locate object method "new" via package "Template" at /******/lib/tsung/bin/tsung_stats.pl line 527.
But at least it isn't complaining about Template missing in @INC.  I had to manually set PERL5LIB to get Template.pm locatable even after installing it with "port install p5-html-template" though.

Is anyone else having these issues?  I'm not sure about the best way to handle them, if they are indeed problems.  I thought reporting them might be helpful.

Either way, I would appreciate some help on the "Can't locate object method new" error.  I've tested with "require Template; print $INC{"Template.pm"};" and it is printing "/opt/local/var/macports/software/p5-html-template/2.9_0/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.9/HTML/Template.pm", which is where Template.pm is (and a "new" method exists in that file).

Thank you,
Andrew Baxter