startup items for dbus and dovecot2

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Jun 8 15:35:59 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 06:59:25PM +0100, Andrew Long wrote:
> Thanks for that - it let me get rid of the two old launchctl items and put them back in place correctly. However, it hasn't fixed the problem with gnome-session failing to start - I'm still getting the 'operation not permitted' on 'launch_msg( checkin )', and the Xserver keeps on failing and restarting until I change the name of the .x11init.d folder to something else.

I believe this is actually a problem with gnome-session in particular.
It sounds like it is trying to start a dbus itself with dbus-launch,
which it does not need to do because launchd will handle that
automatically.

I don't know enough about gnome-session to suggest a fix or workaround.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/