mod_security2 configuration

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed Jun 15 07:31:38 PDT 2011

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> Take a look. This installs and apache2 loads with it active.

I've uploaded my own suggestion :-)

where we differ is in our handling of the conf-file.

my issues with your approach are the following:
1) I don't like creating the whole file inside the Portfile
   we do have the files-directory for those kind of things :-)
2) the way you have done it the conf file is hard-linked,
   thus any user-modifications to the file will be lost on
   re-install/update
3) I prefer to have conf files depend on whether a module is loaded
   or not, as I have the following in my httpd.conf file:

############################
# Supplemental configuration
#
# The configuration files in the conf/extra/ directory can be
# included to add extra features or to modify the default
# configuration of the server, or you may simply copy their contents
# here and change as necessary.

Include conf/extra/*.conf

thus, I can simply comment the LoadModule and restart

this doesn't work that well with mod_security as the module _requires_
the two LoadFile *.dylibs _before_ the LoadModule

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa