bypass upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 18 12:39:38 PDT 2011

On Jun 18, 2011, at 05:12, David Nicholls wrote:

> I know this has been answered before, but I have lost the post where it was described (and cannot find it in the Guide):  how do I bypass a port which has install problems so that I can continue upgrading other outdated ports?

Bear in mind that you don't normally want to do that. Often, one upgrade actually does depend on another. Perhaps port X has just has its version increased, which also increased its library version, and port Y depends on port X. Therefore we increased port Y's revision to force it to rebuild. If you have problems building X, it would completely defeat the purpose for you to say "yes but I want to rebuild port Y anyway." Once you resolve the problem with port X and are able to upgrade it, you'll still have to rebuild all the ports that depend on it, only now you won't have the list in "port outdated" to help you.