Which texlive package has mtmi.tfm?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 20 22:56:40 PDT 2011

On Jun 21, 2011, at 00:33, Peng Yu wrote:

> The default installation of texlive doesn't include mtmi.tfm. I assume
> that it should be in some textlive-* package. Could anybody let me
> know which it is?
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/mt11p

I'm not a TeX Live expert, but this Debian bug report seems to indicate mtmi.tfm used to be in texlive-fonts-recommended, but was removed from it some time before May 2007:

The comments in the bug report seem to discuss the reasons for this (uncertainty about license and the files' usefulness) and alternatives.