Install mesa problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 21 09:45:06 PDT 2011

On Jun 21, 2011, at 07:49, Peng Yu wrote:

> I get the following error when I install mesa. It seems that the
> download failed. Does anybody know what the problem is?

I've rearranged the lines below slightly:

> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/7.10.3/

The file should have existed here. Maybe the server was down or overloaded, or maybe your network restricts access to FTP servers.

> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://www.buraphalinux.org/download/bls2.0/dvd_source/source/xorg/xserver/mesa/

This URL was wrong and was fixed:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/79626

> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/mesa
> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://distfiles.macports.org/mesa
> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/mesa
> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/mesa

> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://sea.us.distfiles.macports.org/macports/mpdistfiles/mesa

None of our distfiles mirrors had mirrored the file. They cannot mirror from FTP servers, and the only HTTP server was wrong.

> --->  Attempting to fetch MesaLib-7.10.3.tar.bz2 from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/mesa

It is normal for this fetch to fail; it is extremely unusual for distfiles to live in our repository. But MacPorts tries it as a last resort in case everything else fails.

Now that the wrong HTTP URL has been fixed and our mirror servers have begun to mirror the file, please selfupdate and try again.