Postfix (Fetchmail and Dovecote) on OSX 10.6.7 ???

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Tue Jun 21 14:57:13 PDT 2011

William H. Magill wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2011, at 7:08 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> I've started to modify the wiki on setting up postfix under MacPorts:
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/SetupPostfix
>>
>> feedback is appreciated :-)
>>
>> --
>> Bjarne D Mathiesen
>> København N ; Danmark ; Europa
>
> Ok, here's the first pass... Using the script from the Wiki How-To page...
>
> I previously had MySql/PHP/Apache2/Postscript/Dovecote and I think Fetchmail installed.
>
> I had done a "port selfupdate" last week.
>
> The Mysql5, Postscript and fetchmail installs/updates apparently  went without problem.
>
> It did not find "postfixadmin"

As Ryan wrote : three of the ports are still in limbo
But you can run your own local repository and get them pre-release that
way :-) section 4.6 in the guide explains how to do that - it's actually
quite easy ! :-)

I did some modifications to the wiki to reflect the un-availabity, and a
few other small fixes based upon your previous feedback :-)

You are also welcome to implement your suggestion from your previous
postings by editing the wiki to your liking ! If you are finding my
instructions difficult to understand and not clear enough, you might not
be the only one :-)

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa