cclive fails to rebuild

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 30 04:38:02 PDT 2011

On Jun 29, 2011, at 11:17, Carson Hewitt wrote:

> I noticed that cclive stopped working, according to otool it was linked
> to libquvi.0.dylib in /opt/local/lib, except no such file is to be found
> in this directory, whereas there exists libquvi.6.dylib.
>
> The package won't rebuild.
>
> Naively I created a symlink libquvi.0.dylib -> libquvi.6.dylib, to no
> avail. Please find the attached log.

The package won't build for me either. I tried to fix it by updating it to the latest version but that failed too. I filed a bug report for you:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/29982

In the future you can file bug reports yourself.

You should remove the libquvi.0.dylib symlink you created. The reason the version number in the library filename has changed is because the library changed in an incompatible way. The symlink you created tells the world (and programs using this library) that the two library versions are identical, which is not the case.