Python wrong install dir

Hauke Fuhrmann hauke.fuhrmann at gmx.de
Fri Mar 4 01:59:10 PST 2011

Am 04.03.11 10:51, schrieb Vincent Habchi:
>> without any Python knowledge I try to run some setup script from some
>> Python project like
>>
>> $sudo python setup.py install
>
> What is the output of "sudo which python"?

$ sudo which python
/opt/local/bin/python

Actually
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6
exists, too, but there is no site-packages in there.

Could it be that Python is installed twice, maybe once by Macports and
once standalone? I did not install it explicitly. Maybe it came with
some other tool. Maybe there is some conflict... Any idea how to fix this?

Hauke