Failed to install py26-gtk due to libpng dependency

André Kaplan ak.ml at laposte.net
Fri Mar 4 16:29:50 PST 2011

> Le 4 mars 2011 à 19:14, life choose a écrit :
>
> Well spotted! I've been starring at this log file twenty times but never see gtkunixprint.la!
>
> No like I said never installed py26-gtk before and the current installation was incurred by installation of gimp2.
>
> Apparently I don't have gtkunixprint.la under /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/
>
> So how to get this gtkunixprint installed or fixed?
>
> (Since the installation has failed there might be some 'leftovers'? Does sudo port clean -f --all py26-gtk  clean all of them if there is any?)

gtkunixprint.la is provided by py26-gtk (also py27-gtk).

Providing some context is always useful, like what command you're using, what packages are installed:
$ port -v installed py26-gtk py27-gtk libpng gimp2

Since *.la files are text files, you can search whether there are some references to libpng12.la:
$ find /opt/local/lib /opt/local/Library -name '*.la' -print0 | xargs -0 egrep --files-with-match 'libpng12\.la'

If you have some matches I'd advise you to recompile the ports providing the faulty *.la files.

If the compilation still fails you might want to check the work directory and fix *.la files manually.

Regards, André