Please send contents of current mysqld file

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 8 22:06:40 PST 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 19:51, David Gentry wrote:

> My Mac appears to corrupt the mysqld file whenever I download mysql5 and mysql5-server from MacPorts.  I would very much like to see a current copy of the contents of mysqld.  Maybe that way I can determine what my Mac is doing to mysqld.  Could someone please send me a copy of the contents of mysqld?

I can 100% assure you that if MacPorts extracts the downloaded file (and then patches, configures, builds, destroots, and installs it), it is not corrupt. MacPorts includes checksums on all distfiles and will not proceed if the file you downloaded is not exactly byte-for-byte the same file that I (in the case of the mysql ports) verified works correctly.

mysqld is a compiled program, and how it is compiled depends on your operating system version and processor architecture. So getting one from someone else won't necessarily get you something that works on your system.

From what you've written on this topic before, I have no reason so far to believe there is a fault in the mysqld program particularly. It's certainly possible our instructions in the wiki have gone out of date; I have not tried to follow them in a long time.