Xcode 4

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Fri Mar 11 08:25:22 PST 2011

	This link might explain, in a very small way, llvm and gcc.

	http://llvm.org/docs/CommandGuide/html/llvmgcc.html

	Actually the license is the UIUC Open Source License. Read it for
enlightenment. It appears that regex is the only acknowledged BDS licensed part.

	http://llvm.org/releases/2.8/LICENSE.TXT

	Before further comment one might access and explore

	http://llvm.org/

	For me, the only part that had any difficulty compiling was the gcc part; it
refused to complete due to various define errors at load.

Watson Ladd wrote:
> LLVM is BSD licensed, so they don't have to give us the code, unless
> there is residual GCC code lying around, which there may be. Apple
> seems to be saying there isn't.  Anyone want to go make another LLVM
> port? Of course it could just be that Apple is charging people who
> want to get a head start on Lion development.
>
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Bayard Bell

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"If any question why we died, tell them,
because our fathers lied."  Rudyard Kipling
"But first we must learn to cast out fear. People who
'view with alarm' never build anything." Eleanor Roosevelt
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068