how to change encfs installation script to skip macfuse

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Tue Mar 15 15:35:35 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:43:32AM -0700, seron wrote:
> When I try to install encfs it fails to install macfuse (2.0.3) as I have a
> newer version (2.1.7) installed from the official site. Other software
> depends on 2.1.7 so uninstalling it is not an option. So what I was thinking
> was to edit the macports script for installing encfs to skip macfuse and
> hopefully use the one already installed. How could I accomplish this and
> also keep the script from being overwritten when the macports install script
> library is refreshed?

And in the interest of actually answering your original question, it
might be possible to just edit the portfile for encfs and remove
port:macfuse from the depends_lib line.

I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it would work, but there's a
decent chance it will. It's not supported, for the usual reasons:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/