Please send contents of current mysqld file

David Gentry localbusinesswebsites at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 16 10:10:09 PDT 2011

Scott,

Thank you very much for trying to help.  I am responding to your message:

What is the output of "which mysql_install_db5"?

I don't think the macports version would search those directories?

I ran:

which mysql_install_db5
/opt/local/bin/mysql_install_db5

Following Bayard Bell's suggestion, I set a basedir and datadir of /opt/local, and I received a message that the program could not find my_print_defaults.  For the rest of the story, please look at my response to Bayard.