Can I uninstall xcode 4 after installing the required macports?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 19 21:39:59 PDT 2011

On Mar 19, 2011, at 23:31, Dontino wrote:

> Hi, I am wondering, after installing gcc45, gcc46 and gcc_select, can I
> uninstall xcode 4 as I no longer need it.

If you no longer wish to install any additional ports, nor upgrade your existing ports, you could uninstall Xcode. However, if you do intend to build anything with MacPorts later, it will most likely need Xcode to do so. (Unless you're talking about the small handful of ports that use a MacPorts compiler like gcc45 or gcc46 instead of the Xcode compiler.)