xcode4 - How can we restore ppc/ppc64 as well as full 10.4/10.5 SDK support to Xcode 4? - Stack Overflow

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:27:54 PDT 2011

Note that Apple is gradually stopping support for ppc64.
Take for example the QTKit.framework, which is part of the quickTime player
and resides inside /System/Library. It is nowadays only "x86_64 i386
ppc7400".
Lots of graphic applications, and not only "video like" are linked against
the QTKit.framework.
So even if you get your XCode "patched" you still won't be able to compile a
lot of the graphic applications for ppc64.
A second dirty "patch" would then be to download the QuicktimePlayer 7.6.4
and extract the QTKit.framework from that one, as it is a full
4-architecture framework, to be able to build ppc64.
You can also imagine what other weird things might happen if you replace the
current QTKit.framework with that 7.6.4 QTKit.framework.

Just accept it: ppc64 is dead for Apple.

Harry