problems running mysql_install_db

David Gentry localbusinesswebsites at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 12:21:10 PDT 2011

>> Brad,
>>
>>> David, it's most common on this list to use reply-all because using reply replies to the sender and not the list.
>>>
>>> Please fix your email account so our emails to you are not auto-replied with your anti-spam counter measures.
>>
>> Whoops.  I did not have macports-users at lists.macosforge.org in my address book.  Since I have added it, when someone on the list replies he or she should not encounter my email spamblocker.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  I also added a *@macports.org to my address book.  I have not tried to use a * before so I don't know if it will work.
>>
>> David
>
> FWI, the wildcard * didn't seem to work  :)

I discovered that my webmail software through earthlink.net, which provides my spamblocker, allows domains to be added to its address book.  I added lists.macosforge.org and macports.org.  As far as I can tell, my mac mail address book does not allow domains to be added.  I don't know if adding the domains to my webmail software will allow a new user to get through my spamblocker.

Thanks, again, for your help.  Much appreciated.

David