Atlas errors "throttling apparently enabled"

Philip Hudson phil.hudson at iname.com
Sun Mar 27 15:03:01 PDT 2011

On 26 Mar, 2011, at 7:59 pm, Bayard Bell wrote:

> pmset provides this information definitively.

>>> Did you try compiling Atlas with the computer tied to the mains or
>>> not?
>>
>> Doing it remotely for my parents over ssh, but to the best of my
>> knowledge and belief they have it plugged in all the time. It's in
>> a fixed position -- they use it as a desktop, in other words -- and
>> I've instructed them not to close the lid (and thus put the machine
>> to sleep) as they normally do, until I give them the all-clear.

I assume that the pmset -g output I posted earlier confirms that we're
running full speed while on mains power. If not, please LMK.

I found this on ATLAS' install doco page:

> ATLAS config tries to detect if CPU throttling is enabled, but it
> may not always detect it, and sometimes may detect it after you have
> disabled it. In the latter case, to force the configure to continue
> regardless of the results of the CPU throttling probe, pass this
> flag to configure:
>
>    -Si cputhrchk 0

Is it necessary/sufficient/optimal for me to do this? If so, a) where
and how do I do it and b) should I send a patch upstream?

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63