prosody

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat May 7 18:36:53 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 19:46, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On May 7, 2011, at 08:19, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>
>> Is it planed to make a port for prosody ?
>
> I am not familiar with "prosody". If you'd like a port added, file a port request ticket in the issue tracker. The quickest way to get the port added might be to write the port yourself and attach it to the ticket.

Ditto on filing a port request ticket.

And, for what it's worth version 0.7.0 can be compiled fairly easily.
The configure script needs to be modified to reference /opt/local
instead of /usr/local (lines 146 and 148). Ideally, you'd just pass
--with-lua-include=/opt/local/include, but that's not working with
0.7.0. 'make' then builds completely. I'm not familiar enough to test
it from there.

./configure --ostype=macosx
make

0.8.0 correctly finds lua with  --with-lua-include=/opt/local/include,
but then fails to build with "ld: library not found for -lidn". This
can be corrected by appending "-L/opt/local/lib" to LDFLAGS in the
macosx section of configure (line 105).

./configure --ostype=macosx --with-lua-include=/opt/local/include
make

0.7.0 depends on "port install lua lua-luasocket lua-luasec lua-luaexpat"
0.8.0 depends on "port install lua lua-luasocket lua-luasec
lua-luaexpat lua-luafilesystem"

Hope that helps in creating the Portfile.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448