is perl available from macports?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 7 21:40:00 PDT 2011

On May 7, 2011, at 22:33, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 7, 2011, at 21:37, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>
>> Regarding psync, did you install p5-macosx-file?
>> $ sudo port install p5-macosx-file
>
> It does not appear to install with perl 5.10 or greater. (MacPorts default perl version increased to 5.12 recently, and Snow Leopard's version of perl is 5.10.) I have filed a bug report about this upstream:
>
> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=68017

Hmm, actually it installs fine on my PowerPC Leopard machine with perl5.12. It must be gcc-4.2 on Snow Leopard that it doesn't like. (Just telling p5-macosx-file to build with gcc-4.0 doesn't help though; perhaps perl5.12 itself needs to be built with gcc-4.0, but I'm not going to get into that right now.)

Meanwhile, I added a PsyncX port. Of course it requires p5-macosx-file so that won't help anyone on Snow Leopard.