segfault

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 12 14:03:48 PDT 2011

I'm sending this reply back to the mailing list so others can see and participate in the discussion. Use Reply All when replying.

On May 11, 2011, at 21:13, Roger Pack wrote:

>>> https://gist.github.com/f3ad8f88db22c083adab
>>
>> I'm not sure how to read that exactly. It looks like it's having trouble getting registry entries. Perhaps the registry got corrupted when your machine rebooted during the last install. (Does the output from "port installed" still look reasonable?)
>
> $ sudo port installed
>
> Error: port installed failed: sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing
> database (1) while executing query: SELECT name FROM registry.ports
> WHERE id=111
> No ports are installed.
>
> (I did mess with it a bit, though, so I may have done something).

Do you remember what you changed?

>> If it's corrupted, someone with more knowledge of the registry and MacPorts' inner workings will have to speak up and see if we can fix your registry.
>
> It seems that just deleting it (registry.db) at least allows macports
> to work, which is good :)

This might make MacPorts think no ports are installed, though they still are, which will cause you problems. Uninstalling MacPorts cleanly, using the instructions in the Guide, and then reinstalling MacPorts and the ports you want, would clean this up.