an epiphany I can do without

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 25 08:04:30 PDT 2011

On May 25, 2011, at 07:44, nbits.spoken at gmail.com wrote:

> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Computing dependencies for epiphany
> --->  Fetching epiphany
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for epiphany
> --->  Extracting epiphany
> --->  Configuring epiphany
> --->  Building epiphany
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
> Log for epiphany is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_epiphany/main.log
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

You should file a bug report about this problem in the issue tracker.

> I don't use epiphany and would happy to remove it from my system, so I tried uninstalling it, which
> evoked a blank stare from the terminal (actually, two blank stares):
>
> [/] > uninstall epiphany-2.30.6_2
> [/] > uninstall epiphany-2.30.6_1

If those are the versions that are currently installed, then the correct commands to uninstall them at the MacPorts interactive prompt would be:

uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_2
uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_1

Or from the bash prompt:

sudo port uninstall epiphany @2.30.6_2