All KDE4 applications hangs on startup

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:03:44 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 05:07, Erik Martino <erik.martino at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have never been able to start a kde4 application in macports. I have

There's a bug in the way KDE4 is handled currently; I don't know what
the correct fix is, but my current hack involves some launchd actions
that create the necessary directories and symlinks thereto in
~/Library/Preferences/KDE.

    ln -s /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER $HOME/Library/Preferences/KDE/cache-$HOST
    ln -s $TMPDIR/ksocket-$USER $HOME/Library/Preferences/KDE/socket-$HOST
    ln -s $TMPDIR/kde-$USER $HOME/Library/Preferences/KDE/tmp-$HOST