Can't paste in x11 version 2.6.1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Tue May 31 13:35:26 PDT 2011

On May 31, 2011, at 11:14, Donglian Xu wrote:

> Hi, Jeremy,
>
>  I hope that I can do the following with X11:
>
>  1) copy and paste using keyboard combinations within the X11 terminal
> windows. Now with X11 version 2.6.1 on Macbook leopard 10.5.8, I can only
> copy the text in the terminal via cmd + c. How can I paste the text into the
> X11 terminal using the keyboard combination (I know it might not be cmd +v
> because X11 is not native apple app)?

That is dependent on the application itself.  These are X11 applications, so most will let you middle click to paste.  Others will paste with key combinations like ctrl-v or shift-ctrl-v

>  2) Emacs doesn't seem to work in X11 as on linux machines. For instance,
> the control + <space>, control + w and control + y in emacs on linux are
> mark, cut and yanking respectively. Those combinations don't seem to work on
> X11 the same way.

They should behave the exact same.  I'm not an emacs guru, but perhaps you had a custom configuration file which you need to copy over.  Try sshing to your linux machine and running emacs remotely.  It should look and feel the same.

--Jeremy