Possible to recompile/build PHP with specific compile option

René Fournier m5 at renefournier.com
Sat Nov 5 16:57:12 PDT 2011

I love Macports, but the version of PHP compiled is causing me a problem with a socket application that needs to at times handle over 1000 connections:

Warning: socket_select(): You MUST recompile PHP with a larger value of FD_SETSIZE.
It is set to 1024, but you have descriptors numbered at least as high as 1223.
 --enable-fd-setsize=2048 is recommended, but you may want to set it
to equal the maximum number of open files supported by your system,
in order to avoid seeing this error again at a later date.

My question is, is it possible to use PHP via Macports but with the "--enable-fd-setsize=2048" option?

…Rene