Replacing vnc port with custom vnc port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 8 07:47:01 PST 2011

On Nov 8, 2011, at 09:37, Shaz wrote:

> I am new to macports butmanaged most of the stuff as the documentation
> was good. At the moment I want to change one of the vnc port known as
> tigervnc to one of my own derivative. I tried to replace the fetch
> path in the Portfile but it still fetches from the default location.
> I am also trying to figure out a local repository for macports but it
> also gave some problem and at the moment I am forgetting it. If this
> is the only way to do it then I will update this thread with the error
> message I got.

I'm not sure why you're trying to modify an existing port if the ultimate purpose is to install a different piece of software. Just create a new port, copying and pasting bits from other ports (if you like) as a starting point.

Changing the master_sites in the portfile should change where the port fetches its distfiles from. If that's not happening, we'll need to get more information from you, like the modified portfile and the output of what happens in the terminal. However, discussion of the development of portfiles is best had on the macports-dev list, not the macports-users list.