gkrellm fails to run on upgraded Mini Error: Trace/BPT trap: 5

Jeff Omick jomick0603 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 07:51:41 PST 2011

Hello all

This is my first post sorry it is about a problem.   Than you for all
the effort that you guys
put into this project.  I've been a user for years.

I just uploaded my Mini from Snow Leopard to Lion and first tried to
upgrade Mac-ports
but then decided to follow the directions to uninstall everything and
delete the associated directories
as stated in
http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html.
I've also tried to clean and install again a few times, but still get
same error message.

bash-3.2$ gkrellm
Trace/BPT trap: 5

I tried to turn on some debugging but not sure if i have the correct one
on or not but here is the output

bash-3.2$ gkrellm -d 5
--- GKrellM 2.3.5 ---
gkrellm_sys_disk_init();
add_storage_device(); START
Getting vendor name
Getting product name
Adding disk
'IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0 at 0/AppleACPIPCI/USB7 at 1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/External
HDD
@fd600000/IOUSBInterface at 0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices'
with fancy label 'WD 5000BEV External'
add_storage_device(); END
add_storage_device(); START
Getting vendor name
Getting product name
Adding disk
'IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0 at 0/AppleACPIPCI/PATA at 1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID at 0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub at 0/IOATAPIProtocolTransport/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType05/IODVDServices'
with fancy label 'PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-K06'
add_storage_device(); END
add_storage_device(); START
Getting vendor name
Getting product name
Adding disk
'IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0 at 0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA at 1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT2 at 2/IOAHCIDevice at 0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice'
with fancy label 'ST9500420AS'
add_storage_device(); END
gkrellm_sys_disk_init(); Found 3 disk(s) for monitoring.
No statistics dict found in storage driver, skipping disk
'IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0 at 0/AppleACPIPCI/PATA at 1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID at 0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub at 0/IOATAPIProtocolTransport/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType05/IODVDServices'
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Please let me know if there is any additional information you need.

Thanks in advance
Jeff