gkrellm fails to run on upgraded Mini Error: Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 12 15:46:18 PST 2011

On Nov 12, 2011, at 16:28, Jeff Omick wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  I do not think it matches the crash log in the ticket.  I am attaching the crash log to this
> email not sure if I should do that or not.

Thanks. Looks the same to me. You're both crashing in CFRelease called from gkrellm_sys_disk_read_data called from gkrellm_init_disk_monitor called from main called from start.

> I did notice in the crash log that it seems to think I am running 64bit
> this is an old Mac Mini (2007) and from everything I read it will not run in 64-bit. but I may be reading
> the crash log incorrectly.
>
> here is a uname -a it is not 64-bit
>
> Darwin jjos-Mac-Mini.local 11.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0: Tue Aug  9 20:56:15 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.24.8~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

The output of "uname" only tells you the architecture of your kernel. Many 64-bit Intel Macs use 32-bit kernels, including yours. All Macs with the Core 2 or newer processor are 64-bit and can run 64-bit software. Apple started making Core 2 Mac minis in 2007:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/index-macmini.html