Binary builds???

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Nov 19 00:42:12 PST 2011

Thanks Scott,

On Nov 19, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Scott Webster wrote:
> I think it should be automatic.  Maybe check that your portarchivetype
> line is tbz2 (or commented out) in macports.conf.  Somehow mine was
> set to something else and it wouldn't use the binaries.

I have here
---
portarchivetype     tgz
---

but that's probably not so much the point…

Looks like this setting is the culprit in my case:
---
# Create and use binary archive packages for installation/reinstallation ease
portarchivemode     no
---

Hmmm, this is not even documented in macports.conf's man page…

Greets,
Marko