Binary builds???

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Nov 19 09:36:20 PST 2011

On Nov 19, 2011, at 1:17 PM, Dominik Reichardt wrote:
> Am 19.11.2011 um 12:59 schrieb Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org>:
>> On 28164-7-23 05:59 , Marko Käning wrote:
>>> Well, Josh, that setting was indeed a MUST for me to get the binary port installation working for my /opt/local MacPorts install.
>>> Actually I uncommented:
>>> ---
>>> #portarchivetype        tgz
>>> ---
>>> and things started working. :-)
>>
>> I was discussing how it should work, not how it does. I think you've got
>> your story backwards though; uncommenting that line would have made it
>> *stop* working since the server only has tbz2 archives.
>
> He he, indeed this should work when he uncomments the tgz, the default (tbz2) kicks in ;)

I am sorry for having caused so much confusion!

My German-English 'uncomment' == "auskommentieren" is of course a false friend and I am not proud of it. ;-)
Especially now… Now that I realized that I am almost caused a nuclear war… ;-) Richard seems to have a typical dark British humour! ;-)

Well, just to clarify this unambiguously once and for all, what I meant was that I COMMENTED the portarchievetype parameter and then - as Dominik already wrote - the default kicks in, being tbz2!

:-)