Binary builds???

Peter Trudelle trudelle at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 11:00:22 PST 2011

This thread made me realize my 2 year old default macports.conf is
hopelessly out of date.  A quick search of FAQ, Guide, etc. didn't turn
up any advice on how best to update it, and I expect that just replacing
it with the latest default may not work.  Any pointers?

thanks,

Peter

On 11/19/11 10:02 AM, Dominik Reichardt wrote:

> On 19.11.2011, at 18:42, Marko Käning wrote:
>
>>> No, it means there *aren't* any, because the few ports that have
>>> that capability in their source aren't anywhere near enough to
>>> bother with the additional complexity of trying to support it in the
>>> buildbot.
>> OK, now you successfully annihilated my last bit of hope. ;-)
>
> When you think of how dynamic linking of binaries with libraries and
> other stuff is done, it is clear that MacPorts could never provide
> precompiled binaries for a custom prefix. Unless, of course,
> everything were built static which poses much more problems on OS X :)
>
> Dom

Peter Trudelle
831.704.6880
peter at trudelle.com