Can I use Macports to update Enthought python?

David Nicholls david at mso.anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 26 00:14:16 PST 2011

Hmmm... I installed Spyder via Macports and it installed pretty well everything I want.  So why did I bother with Enthought, you ask.  Good question :-)

The only benefit is that the Enthought distro installs very quickly.

Spyder from the command line runs the system python (or python), not the Enthought.

DN