AbiWord for Intel?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 26 11:05:46 PST 2011

On Nov 26, 2011, at 10:22, Tim Johnson wrote:

> I've made several attempts to install abiword, both with macports
> and have also tried a couple of binaries that I downloaded.
> All (including the macports build) are for PowerPC.
> Is there a variant that will allow me to build abiwork for my intel
> mac? (2011 Mac Mini, Lion)

The abiword port is odd; it installs from a binary.

There is a use_source variant but I don't think it works right now.

Someone nice should update the port to the latest version and fix it so it just builds from source always like a normal port.

It looks like somebody has just done this a couple days ago. Please test the portfile attached here:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/17012