Request: make the ML's default return candidate be the ML

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 11:42:57 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Phillip Koebbe
<phillip.koebbe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was incorrect. Apparently Google Groups just replaces the Reply-To and leaves the From intact. I agree with both of you about being able to see who the knowledgable ones are and that it's nice to pick them out quickly (I do this all the time), but I would still be in favor of the Reply-To being changed. Either way, it is what it is. While there are standards out there for some things, there are not for others. And even when standards exist, they are not always followed. This is just another example of there being many different ways to accomplish something, and if you are involved in multiple communities that take differing approaches to solving a particular problem, then you have to learn to deal with it. Frustrating, but reality.

For me, I prefer the Macports list convention.  On other lists that
use the opposite (where they munge the reply-to header) I am
constantly having to cut and paste people's email addresses when I
accidentally hit "reply" and the "To:" field only contains the mailing
list address.

Scott