AbiWord for Intel?

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Mon Nov 28 15:32:02 PST 2011

* Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> [111128 13:10]:
> That means it installed a GUI app in $applications_dir.
>
> Running port in a directory containing a portfile requires leaving the portfile's name from the command:
> Port install instead of port install abiword.
 Hey, now we're getting somewhere, but macports tells me that it
 can't read the portfile
 #######################
 linus:Downloads tim$ sudo port install
 Error: Unable to execute port: could not read
 "/Users/tim/Downloads/Portfile": permission denied
 To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
 What should permissions (or ownership) be?
 Owner is tim:staff

 permissions were originally 644, reset to 666, no go,
 then reset to 777, no help either.

 thanks
--
Tim