Can't find port "atlas"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 3 23:20:29 PDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 22:44, Scott Webster wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Olivier Delalleau wrote:

>>> You need to run selfupdate again, note that I always use sudo but I'm not
>>> sure thats necessary anymore. Also check for errors when you run it.
>>
>> Woohoo, it's here after another "sudo port selfupdate". Thanks a lot! :)
>

> yup, it's back.  must have been a temporary glitch.

If "selfupdate" updates your MacPorts base, you must run "selfupdate" a second time to properly index the ports. If you're updating from MacPorts 2.0.2 or later, it'll tell you to run "selfupdate" again if it's necessary; if you update from an earlier version, you just have to know to selfupdate a second time.

Yes, you need to use "sudo" when selfupdating, assuming your MacPorts is installed as root (which it is unless you compiled from source and specified a different user).