How to start an app?

John konaexpress at mail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:44:55 PDT 2011

Hi, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, how do you start/find an app that you installed using MacPorts? I am not new t Macs but I am new to the unix side of it. Using MacPorts is the first time I have ever used the terminal in about 12 years of using a Mac. I installed Macports and then installed Koffice but I can not find an icon to start it. Then I downloaded Pallet and I was able to find it in the MacPort folder and used it to install Geany so I can learn Python. Pallet can not find Koffice in it's listings, it also said that I installed Geany but I can not find the "Launcher" for it. Do I have to use the term to start a program? If so, what do I put in? i.e. "start" or "begin" and then the app name?

 Thanks for the help guys -John