Upgraded (partially?) to v2.0.3, now port updates fail, OSX 10.6.8

Fielding, Eric J (3242) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 5 07:50:56 PDT 2011

I upgraded to MacPorts v2.0.3 when a recent "port selfupdate" recommended this. It ran for a long time doing the conversion, and after about 20 minutes, I stopped it. Now it seems that my MacPorts directories are corrupted.

When I ran " sudo port upgrade outdated" I had several port updates refuse to activate. I was able to override them with the force flag. Now I reached the "gdk-pixbuf2" package and it refuses to update because it can't uninstall.
=====
--->  Computing dependencies for gdk-pixbuf2
--->  Cleaning gdk-pixbuf2
--->  Uninstalling gdk-pixbuf2 @2.22.1_1
Error: Target org.macports.uninstall returned: error deleting "/opt/local/var/macports/software/gdk-pixbuf2/2.22.1_1": directory not empty
Log for gdk-pixbuf2 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_gdk-pixbuf2_2.22.1_1/gdk-pixbuf2/main.log
Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for gdk-pixbuf2 @2.22.1_1
--->  Uninstalling gdk-pixbuf2 @2.22.1_1
Error: Uninstall gdk-pixbuf2 2.22.1_1 failed: error deleting "/opt/local/var/macports/software/gdk-pixbuf2/2.22.1_1": directory not empty
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
====

Do I need to erase all of MacPorts and start over? Or should I just delete the files in the directories where it complains?

OSX 10.6.8

Thanks,
   ++Eric