xorg-libxcb: shell command failed

Zhong Ren renz at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 5 19:53:05 PDT 2011

Hi,

I need to install or upgrade xorg-libxcb because some other packages depend on it.  I am stuck here for more than a week now.  Is there a way to get around this?  Can I use python26 and how?  Any help is appreciated.  Please see the error message below.

renz at ounce.local:~ % sudo port install xorg-libxcb +python27+universal
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libxcb
--->  Building xorg-libxcb
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
Log for xorg-libxcb is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_xorg-libxcb/xorg-libxcb/main.log
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Zhong Ren